It took me quite some time to understand the mechanisms of Web extensions in Firefox. I’m not sure I’m quite there yet but it’s a beginning.
Here are some things you might want to read:
- Let’s Write a Web Extension – good first read, even if the architecture is outdated;
- Browser Extensions – official documentation;
- Debugging content scripts – life-saver;
- WebExtensions examples – for sample code for a number of cases.
Now I’m going to write my own:
- The basics are in place, I need to do quite a lot of thinking about the design and functionalities I want.
- Then I will package the .xpi file (easy, already done it locally, will just have to redo it when time comes).
- Then make friends with Firefox add-ons when I’m done with the rest.
Thank you Olivier M. and mat. This was a rough day.